I got hit by uhaul 2 weeks ago they just did a appraisal on my car, will they compensate me for not getting a rental.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

Also i had work done to my care 2 months ago, i put in a lot of money in to it and i have receipts.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should have asked for a rental, but it appears your car is fixed now.

  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . They should've provided you a rental while your car was being repaired. Consult a personal injury attorney if you were injured and they'll assist you with everything.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It all depends on what your local law is and what insurance you're dealing with....for example, some insurance companies policy is to give a certain $ amount for everyday your car is in the shop until the vehicle is repaired. Or, if you don't have a credit card, they would reimburse your out of pocket taxi/bus/train expenses. Some allow a nominal amount of the driver decides not to take a rental. An finally, most don't pay out unless a rental is taken. Contact a local lawyer and I'm sure he can look into the policy.

  4. Answered . Ohio law provides for the loss of use of your vehicle for a reasonable period of time to permit repairs. Whether you will get it in your case is open to negotiation.

  5. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The insurance company should have provided you with a rental vehicle while your car was being repaired. The company should compensate you for the repairs to your vehicle as well as the diminished value, but keep in mind that the cost of recent additions or alterations to your vehicle may not necessarily be fully compensated if they did not add value to the car.

  6. Answered . You might wish to contact a local attorney to discuss what your options are. You will need to provide documentation, such as the police report, your insurance policy and any correspodence with the defendant driver,. Proper representation is essential in protecting your cause of action,.

    View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,102 answers this week

3,918 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,102 answers this week

3,918 attorneys answering