I got hit by uhaul 2 weeks ago they just did a appraisal on my car, will they compensate me for not getting a rental.

Cleveland, OH |

Also i had work done to my care 2 months ago, i put in a lot of money in to it and i have receipts.

1. They should've provided you a rental while your car was being repaired. Consult a personal injury attorney if you were injured and they'll assist you with everything.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. It all depends on what your local law is and what insurance you're dealing with....for example, some insurance companies policy is to give a certain $ amount for everyday your car is in the shop until the vehicle is repaired. Or, if you don't have a credit card, they would reimburse your out of pocket taxi/bus/train expenses. Some allow a nominal amount of the driver decides not to take a rental. An finally, most don't pay out unless a rental is taken. Contact a local lawyer and I'm sure he can look into the policy.

3. The insurance company should have provided you with a rental vehicle while your car was being repaired. The company should compensate you for the repairs to your vehicle as well as the diminished value, but keep in mind that the cost of recent additions or alterations to your vehicle may not necessarily be fully compensated if they did not add value to the car.

4. You should have asked for a rental, but it appears your car is fixed now.

5. You might wish to contact a local attorney to discuss what your options are. You will need to provide documentation, such as the police report, your insurance policy and any correspodence with the defendant driver,. Proper representation is essential in protecting your cause of action,.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www.KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

6. Ohio law provides for the loss of use of your vehicle for a reasonable period of time to permit repairs. Whether you will get it in your case is open to negotiation.