I got four tickets to appear in court for non traffic violations, I can pay them off but what're the repercussions of it

Charleston, WV |

I received an obstruction of justice, underage drinking, underage posession , and open container. I have the ability to pay them off and not attend court, but if I do, what are the repercussions. I got charged in WV and I live in VA. I'm also seventeen

First and foremost, 3 of the 4 will go on your permanent life time record as criminal convictions. Most importantly, obstruction of justice is a very unflattering conviction to have on one's record for life. At minimum, I would strongly suggest requesting the hearing, attending the hearing, and therien discussing with the prosecuting authority the potential for a far more favorable plea disposition agreement. -And of course the #1 rule: You wouldn't attempt to perform surgey to yourself anymore than you should pretend to be your own lawyer. Do yourself a favor, higher a reputable criminal defense attorney to go to Court with you in which to assist, defend and further the goal of walking away with nothing on lifetime criminal record. My .02 and assuredly as I would advise a loved one or friend. Sincerely, Harley O. Wagner, Esq. -

You and your parents need to hire an attorney to handle these or you will be a convicted criminal for the rest of your life!

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law