I got differed for my first shop lifting charge , but before starting my community service and deffer el program i shop lifted

Asked over 1 year ago - Olympia, WA

i have depression and i am a possible kleptomaniac i am only 15 and i do well in all other aspects of life, such as having a 4.0

1. Frank Mascagni III

6

Answered . You and your parents should hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you in juvenile court ASAP. You now have 2 legal issue,s the first offense and now the newest citation. Seek competent legal advice from an attorney that practices in juvenile court.

2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with Attorney Mascagni.

3. Aaron Lukoff

4

Answered . Get a lawyer.

Aaron M. Lukoff
    Attorney at Law
    Criminal & Civil Traffic Defense
    360-647-5251
    aaron@lukofflegal.com
    Law Offices of Aaron M. Lukoff & Associates, PLLC
    Fiat justicia ruat coelum

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response to your question is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue/matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain an attorney. For more information or to hire a lawyer, you can reach my offices at: aaron@lukofflegal.com; 360-647-5251 or at www.lukofflegal.com.

4. Chester L Baldwin III

4

Answered . You will need a good attorney to help you with this matter. They may look to revoke your deferred because of the new allegation.

5. Scott Weymouth Lawrence

Pro

3

Answered . A 4.0 won't do you a whole lot of good if you can't get college scholarships or a job because of Theft convictions. You are not doing well in the following the law aspect of life and that is ultimately what the juvenile court is going to care about. Get an attorney and any counseling that you think you need before you dig a deeper hole.

6. Victor Ro

2

Answered . If your most recent shoplifting charge becomes a conviction that will be considered a violation of your deferred sentencing agreement.