I got detained for shoplifting at walmart in maryland. I am on probation in Delaware..

Asked 10 months ago - Elkton, MD

I was stopped for shoplifting and brought back to a tiny room police came and took a copy of my drivers licence and left. The security let me go and said I would be getting a letter with charges in the mail. My problem is I am on probation in another state for shoplifting ( unsupervised 1st offence ) should I wait to get the letter with the charges before I call my PO or do it now? Will I do jail time?

1. Scott R. Scherr

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . You need to consult with an attorney in Delaware about whether to contact the Probation Officer in Delaware. You should also get an attorney here for the shoplifting charge in Maryland. Do not post any details on AVVO since this is a public forum.

2. William Lawrence Welch III

Answered . An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.