Skip to main content

I got charged with resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct as well as harrassment int he second and obstructing government.

Camillus, NY |

What do I face? Should I get a lawyer? The Harassment we both pressed charges and it was self defense and I have witness'. The other 3 I was drunk one night and didn't want to be charged with disorderly conduct and told the cops not to arrest me and they put the other two charges on me! HELP!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should hire a local criminal defense attorney ASAP. If you can not afford to hire an attorney, the court will appoint a lawyer for you. I understand the fear of the unkown, especially when you could be looking at potential jail time; however, once your lawyer meets with you and gets the necessary discovery, he will be in the best position to tell you what you are facing.

Christopher Scott Ison, Esq - 863.683.7500 - WWW.PANSLER.COM - These answers are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. These answer are not intended as legal advice either. If you would like legal advice as to your specific issue, you should contact an attorney to represent and/or advise you. If you are interested in retaining my office for legal advice and/or representation, please contact my office for a free initial consultation.


You face 1 year in jail at worst on the resisting. You should hire a private attorney to help negotiate this down.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


You are charged with crimes - the max is 1 year in jail but that is not likely. Hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You are facing two class A misdemeanors and a couple of violation level offenses. Although unlikely, all of your charges carry a possible jail sentence. Also a conviction of the resisting arrest or obstructing governmental administration would give you a criminal record. From your brief description there may be several issues that lend to your defense and can minimize the collateral consequences of your arrest. You should absolutely hire an attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer