Skip to main content

I got charged with possession with intent to sell Heroin. What can happen to me best case to worst case. Please Help

West Hills, CA |

I was at my dealers house and the Narc unit raided the house with a search warrant, found 2 grams of Heroin packed by .2 in separate bags in my sisters car (completely out of site from the outside and they did not find anything on me when searched at the scene. They simply took the keys out of the property bag, unlocked the car and started searching, they found my personal 2 grams of powdered heroin in my door. The Narc unit clearly stated that they had a search warrant for the house and all the residents in the house and there' property they asked me if i live here and I said no. It was my fist time ever being arrested my record is completely clean and I just want to know what the best and worse case scenarios are for my case. I am a user not dealer but they are trying to get me 4 sales

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need an aggressive criminal defense attorney to try to get these charges reduced. You may also have some ways to attack the search and seizure issues you present. But do not post any more details on a public website. Many of these sites are monitored by law enforcement. Contact an Avvo attorney immediately to discuss your case confidentially.


A conspiracy charge is a possibility here. This may muddy the waters as you may be on the hook for the entire weight recovered at sentencing. That would be the worst assuming there is no other additional counts. The best would be the amount you had on your person excepting out the car search as unreasonable, but that is a long shot. We on this forum have no crystal ball Even with that, we could not determine what the AUSA might prosecute. Get to your attorney quick for a review of the evidence and what the advisory guidelines might show. Also, fight hard at the detention hearing to avoid remand. Get a custodian!


Get an attorney ASAP ! There are many issues presented in your question. Only speak with an attorney . There are some defenses and perhaps alternative sentences.

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


You have been charged with possession for sales. These cases always carry a custodial sentence if your are convicted on the sales. These cases can also have very good issues in that the drugs were only possessed for your own use. This is dependent on the evidence. You need to be represented by an attorney. This is not the sort of case that you want to be representing yourself on.


There are cases involving taking keys and using them to enter cars. Your attorney may wish to review those cases because it those cases the evidence was suppressed. So the best case scenario is the suppression of the evidence found in the car. If so, then the matter is dismissed. The worst case scenario is that the evidence is not dismissed and a prison sentence is involved. Good luck.
for Fairness / for Your Freedom because sometimes good people get into bad situations
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


You said that you have never been arrested so assuming you have no arrests and convictions you are still looking at jail time plus long formal probation and much more. However with a good attorney you may be able to have your charges reduced to just possession and you can go on DEJ which is a program and after successfully completing it your case gets dismissed.

I suggest you hire an attorney and take care of this matter the best way possible. Most of us offer free consultation. Call.

Sharon Paris Banakhan
(818) 480-3571

Stephen F Wallace

Stephen F Wallace


The DEJ Program is a 5-month program aimed towards individuals convicted for use and or possession of illegal substances, and entered a plea of guilty. The judgment is put aside (put on hold) upon successful completion of the DEJ requirements. The Federal system has no such program. Upon sentencing, RDAP or NRDAP are the Federal Drug Treatment programs the BOP offers currently that reduce one's sentence for completion.

Sharon Paris Babakhan

Sharon Paris Babakhan


Thanks for your comment on my posting and Yes, I understand but nothing suggests that this is a federal case and DEJ is an 18 month program not 5 And that's exactly what I said to this person that when an attorney fights this case and hopefully reduces it to a possession then he can go on DEJ.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer