I got charged with driving with a suspended license in Brooklyn in 1996 and a 1000 fine and sentence ed to 5 year probation

when the court day came the asked if i had the1000 dollars and i told him i wasn't working yet so the judge gave me 30 days to come back and he told me if i don't come back with the money that i will do time so when the time came i didn't have the money so i didn't go back to the courts or probation i was scared i never got i trouble before and this was new to me and its been 15years sins

Brooklyn, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

What is your question? The judge probably issued a bench warrant for your arrest. Did you continue seeing your probation officer? Have you been arrested again. I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense. Please feel free to check out my web site and contact me if you are looking to retain a lawyer and deal with the situation.

Sponsored Listing

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.