I got charged with a DUI on Feb 23rd. I need some legal help

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I was charged with DUI on 2 / 23 / 13 . I sent it my application to retest the UNCLE ( 2nd ) time on 2 / 21 / 13 . Do I need to notify the CA - BARN on Monday 2 / 25 / 13 to let them know of my DUI charge or should I wait for the results of the blood alcohol level ? I blew a 0 . 11 in the field Breathalyzer . This is my first run in with the law . I was cooperative with the officer . Any info would be greatly appreciated . Thank you !

1. Matthew Murillo

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . First, call DMV Driver Safety to get a hearing set up with the DMV. You have 10 days to request that hearing in order to avoid automatic license suspension. You should notify the board, but they will likely send you some paperwork to complete anyway.

Second, call some local attorneys and get a consult. Go over the details of the stop, arrest, and investigation and see what can be done. You may have a defense available to you that would be sufficient to get the charges reduced or dismissed. Most attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

4

Answered . See BRN-specific answer to your duplicate post.

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

2

Answered . I highly suggest talking to a local DUI attorney, about these and other related issues. Good luck.