Skip to main content

I got charged with a DUI on Feb 23rd. I need some legal help

San Jose, CA |

I was charged with DUI on 2 / 23 / 13 . I sent it my application to retest the UNCLE ( 2nd ) time on 2 / 21 / 13 . Do I need to notify the CA - BARN on Monday 2 / 25 / 13 to let them know of my DUI charge or should I wait for the results of the blood alcohol level ? I blew a 0 . 11 in the field Breathalyzer . This is my first run in with the law . I was cooperative with the officer . Any info would be greatly appreciated . Thank you !

Attorney Answers 3


First, call DMV Driver Safety to get a hearing set up with the DMV. You have 10 days to request that hearing in order to avoid automatic license suspension. You should notify the board, but they will likely send you some paperwork to complete anyway.

Second, call some local attorneys and get a consult. Go over the details of the stop, arrest, and investigation and see what can be done. You may have a defense available to you that would be sufficient to get the charges reduced or dismissed. Most attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations.

Good luck.

Any information provided through in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


See BRN-specific answer to your duplicate post.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


I highly suggest talking to a local DUI attorney, about these and other related issues. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics