Skip to main content

I got charged with a battery spouse code 243 e 1,

Lemoore, CA |

i wasnt home when i recived a text that my wife had cramps and wanted me home in case she had to go to the hospital, when i got home she told me she was gonna call the animal control on my for bringing a bird home in a cage, so i told her if u call then u better leave to, as she was leaving she was on the fone crying and had my 2 1/2 year old boy with her, so i told well ur not gonna take my son away from me again so when i was gonna take him she goes and stand right behind my car, i got off didnt tell her anything i just slightly grabed her inside but she was walking with me once i neew she was inside i let her go close the door and i left and took him to my dad and told him dnt let nobody take him unless its my wife, then i come home she was layn on the floor and then the police came,

Attorney Answers 4

  1. First - stop posting facts of your case here. This is a public forum where cops and prosecutors can see everything you're saying. Second - what's your question?

    Mr. Feasel is a former Deputy DA in the SF Bay Area with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

  2. Domestic Violence Convictions carry a one year mandatory batterers treatment program. You should be represented by an attorney. You do not indicate what you do for a living however the classes alone can be quite onerous. A DV conviction has other consequences that may have consequences on your job. You should not show up and try explaining to the judge and the prosecutor what happened. That is not going to be to your advantage.

    Consult with a few attorneys and go to the arraignment represented by counsel.

  3. You need a lawyer and you need to discuss the facts of your case with your lawyer. Don't talk to anyone but your lawyer about your case, including posting facts about your case online. Anything you say to anyone but your lawyer can be used against you. Best of luck to you.

  4. Domestic violence cases are complex and require a skilled and experienced attorney to sort them out in your favor. Needless to say, you need an attorney who can represent you aggressively from the beginning. Hopefully you did not make statements to the police about the matter.

    Either way, it is in your best interests to have someone represent you so you don't keep telling your version of the event to those who will use it against you in court. Whatever you told the cops will be used as evidence; whatever you tell the prosecutors could be used as evidence. Therefore, you need someone to protect you from further damaging your case and any viable defenses.

    Consult with an attorney immediately, and certainly before court.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics