I got charged with a AI, possesion of marijuana, and possesion of a controlled substance. the drugs were in a womans purse and

Mount Washington, KY |

i had no knowledge of it being in there. they r all misdemeanor charges. im on federal supervision. will i get revoked?

It is very possible that you could be revoked. The following are 2 conditions of probation that are very commonly imposed as part of federal probation:
-- for a felony, a misdemeanor, or an infraction, that the defendant not unlawfully possess a controlled substance;
-- refrain from frequenting specified kinds of places or from associating unnecessarily with specified persons;
Probation revocations have a lower standard of proof than a new criminal charge and you could very easily be found to have violated these 2 conditions.

Consult with local counsel, or your previous counsel, to determine your next step.

It is quite possible. You need to contact an attorney as soon as possible.

It depends on your probation officer. Get a letter from the women stating you had no knowledge she had drugs, if she is willing. Since you were charged, however, there must have been some other evidence that you are leaving out in your question. You don't have to actually possess the drugs for there to be a case against you. Plus, with Probation, they just have to show you violated ANY Condition of your release and the Standard of Proof is lower than in a criminal case. You don't even have to commit a crime to get Revoked. Consorting with known criminals or illegal drug users will trigger a Revocation.

You need to retain a criminal defense attorney ASAP. These charges are enough to cause a motion to revoke your supervised release in federal court. You need to defend the state charges because there are 2 issues: outcome in state and federal court.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..