I got charged with 53 counts of selling alcohol without a license. I hosted a party and was selling beer cups.

Asked 9 months ago - Boone, NC

I got charged with 53 counts of selling alcohol without a license. I hosted a party and was selling beer cups. I checked everyone's ID. Cops came to party, counted number of people with cups, and charged me. Is what I did even illegal? I think they just don't like the frat scene.

1. Ernest Clarke Dummit

10

Answered . You should fight the charges. You are in a gray area as to the sale of the cups rather than the beer, but a good fight could result I the prosecutors choosing not to pursue it or offering a good deal.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

7

Answered . Use the Find a Lawyer tool to find a good criminal defense attorney in your area. My colleague provided an excellent response and would be worth contacting. Good luck

3. Benjamin Harris Van Steinburgh

Pro

5

Answered . This is probably worth fighting. Contact a local defense attorney who will give you a free consultation.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now