I got charged with 53 counts of selling alcohol without a license. I hosted a party and was selling beer cups.

Boone, NC |

I got charged with 53 counts of selling alcohol without a license. I hosted a party and was selling beer cups. I checked everyone's ID. Cops came to party, counted number of people with cups, and charged me. Is what I did even illegal? I think they just don't like the frat scene.

You should fight the charges. You are in a gray area as to the sale of the cups rather than the beer, but a good fight could result I the prosecutors choosing not to pursue it or offering a good deal.

I would fill the cups. Does that make a difference?

Use the Find a Lawyer tool to find a good criminal defense attorney in your area. My colleague provided an excellent response and would be worth contacting. Good luck

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

This is probably worth fighting. Contact a local defense attorney who will give you a free consultation.

Juvenile law topics