Skip to main content

I got caught with 10 bags of heroin being used as personal use what would happen if i worked the officers

Pittsburgh, PA |

i have various charges for drugs in the past and am currently on probation

Attorney Answers 2


Unfortunately, with the limited information provided, it will be difficult to provide a specific answer. You have several hurdles to over come in this case, including the impact on your probation. Ultimately, working with the authorities on other drug related cases could be an avenue to avoiding the charges, however, I would highly recommend you retain an attorney to organize that deal. Without an attorney you risk incriminating yourself on the current charges if too much is disclosed or if they back down from the agreement.

As with all criminal cases, the outcomes can rarely be predicted. The weight of the herion, the specific charges, the judge assigned to the case, the DA prosecuting the case, and the police department involved can all have an impact on the end result. Your situation is serious enough that counsel is highly recommended.

Mark as helpful


If you work with an officer they might cut you a break with respect to your sentence. However, to ensure that this works out in your favor you need to hire a lawyer to help you out with what you plan on doing. I would not go on the officer's word alone.

Response by lawyer Michael Kotik

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from Kotik, P.C. The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Law Office of Michael Kotik, P.C., | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics