I got caught with 10 bags of heroin being used as personal use what would happen if i worked the officers

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

i have various charges for drugs in the past and am currently on probation

1. Caleb Clinton Bissett

Answered . Unfortunately, with the limited information provided, it will be difficult to provide a specific answer. You have several hurdles to over come in this case, including the impact on your probation. Ultimately, working with the authorities on other drug related cases could be an avenue to avoiding the charges, however, I would highly recommend you retain an attorney to organize that deal. Without an attorney you risk incriminating yourself on the current charges if too much is disclosed or if they back down from the agreement.

As with all criminal cases, the outcomes can rarely be predicted. The weight of the herion, the specific charges, the judge assigned to the case, the DA prosecuting the case, and the police department involved can all have an impact on the end result. Your situation is serious enough that counsel is highly recommended.

2. Michael Kotik

Pro

Answered . If you work with an officer they might cut you a break with respect to your sentence. However, to ensure that this works out in your favor you need to hire a lawyer to help you out with what you plan on doing. I would not go on the officer's word alone.

Response by lawyer Michael Kotik