I got caught selling alcohol to a minor and got a ticket and a notice to appear in court. What should I do? Get a lawyer?

Edwardsville, IL |

I do not have anything on my record.

1. Yes. Get a lawyer.

2. You need legal representation.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.

3. Yes, otherwise your clean record could be in jeopardy.

4. Yes, absolutely. Find an experienced criminal attorney in your area.

5. I have defended people charged with that offense in Madison County for 20 years. If you obtain an attorney you will most likely be able to keep that offense from becoming a conviction against you. Call us at 618.692.6520 for assistance.