I got bite by a dog in the leg and bicep 2 scars Estimate needed?

Laguna Beach, CA |

I got bite in the bicep by a dog and it scared very badly its not big maybe the size of 50 cent piece but it is raised and ugly and have a slight scar on my leg and would like to know a reasonable amount of money to ask for pain and suffering

There is a lot more that goes into evaluating a case like this. You should absolutely make an in-person consult with an attorney to review your case and residual scarring.. You will also need a plastic surgeon consult. Is there wage loss, medical expenses, emotional trauma, etc.. Please note our office is available for a no charge consultation. 800-809-8848.

the amount for scarring would depend upon how bad they look - i would need to see photos of the injury - i have tried dog bite cases to a jury and they are very good cases - you need to determine if the dog owner had homeowners insurance or renters insurance

we will not take any action on this case until we have a signed retainer agreement

I suggest you contact an attorney to pursue that claim, you may not ask for enough - you don't want to cheat yourself. Your case may be worth more than you think.

This response does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Due to the complexity and ever-changing nature of the law and to the limitations of this forum, this information may not be adequate for your specific situation.

That's terrible, you certainly deserve to be compensated. The amount of money to request is going to be based on a lot of factors, such as the homeowner's insurance policy, the severity of the injury, the nature and extent of medical treatment required to repair the injury, etc. Regardless, you stand to earn a good settlement if you hire a local attorney to help evaluate your case and assist you in the legal process. Personal injury attorneys like myself and the others here work off a contingency basis, meaning we won't charge you anything unless we actually win you money. My firm specializes in these types of cases, and we even have information about steps to take after suffering a dog bite on our website. Let me know if you have further questions.

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. For more personal injury information visit us at http://www.bergenerlaw.com

That depends. How bad did the bite hurt?

Without seeing the scar and knowing the law, I think that it would be too hard to give an estimate on value. Plus, the circumstances of the bite may affect the value. The amount of scar, out of pocket bills, the treatment and other factors affect value as well. (This is like asking me how much for your car without me seeing it or knowing anything more about it than it is a car).
Call Ken Philips in CA, he is a friend and specializes in dog bite cases only. Tell him I referred you.
Most of the time, studies have shown that you will get more money with the help of a lawyer than you will on your own.

How deep is the scar? How has it affected your life? Is it a permanent scar? It's tough to answer your question with the amount of information you provided. Pain and suffering is specific to the person and it would be difficult to gauge an amount without learning more about you and your injuries. Your best bet is to find a personal injury attorney to handle the negotiation.

Farid Yaghoubtil is an attorney at Downtown L.A. Law Group - 1850 E. 15th St., Los Angeles, CA 90021. (855)385-2529.

If your name is Gisele, and you are a swimsuit model, it might be worth a lot. Have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.

No personal injury attorney can properly evaluate the settlement or jury value without viewing the scars; reviewing the medical records; & consulting with a qualified plastic surgeon regarding any future corrective surgery & the costs related thereto. Also it is extremely important to ascertain the lifestyle of the victim & any physical or emotional aspects - and if the wearing of clothing; exposure to sunlight or heat causes pain or discomfort etc etc etc Only an attorney experienced with handling this type of injury will be able to reap the true value for their client.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Animal law topics