I got behind in my child support and have been served with a show cause since before served I had made payments what will happen

Channelview, TX |
Filed under: Child support

I have made 5 payments but only two have posted.

You must appear at the time/date and location for show cause. Take all receipts with you for proof of payments. Take at least 3 check stubs for proof of income & employment. If you cannot afford an attorney, ask the Court to appoint one. If you qualify for an appointed attorney you will get one. Most likely, if this is your first summons on this issue, you will be placed on community supervision & given a few months to prove that you will make your payments.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

2. if you are current they will go forward on attorney fees only,if not you may go to jail

Child support topics