I got behind in my child support and have been served with a show cause since before served I had made payments what will happen

Asked about 1 year ago - Channelview, TX

I have made 5 payments but only two have posted.

1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

1

Best Answer

Answered . You must appear at the time/date and location for show cause. Take all receipts with you for proof of payments. Take at least 3 check stubs for proof of income & employment. If you cannot afford an attorney, ask the Court to appoint one. If you qualify for an appointed attorney you will get one. Most likely, if this is your first summons on this issue, you will be placed on community supervision & given a few months to prove that you will make your payments.

2. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

Answered . if you are current they will go forward on attorney fees only,if not you may go to jail