I got attacked by my neighbors pit bulls on my own property what do i do

Asked about 1 year ago - Stockton, CA

I was bit multiple times on the arm on both ankles and on my middle finger my wife try to get them off me and was bit on her hand i was also bit on my feet and my toes

1. Michael Shemtoub

5

Answered . There are a lot of questions that remain unanswered: 1. did you provoke the dog, 2. did you go into someone else's property 3. were there witnesses and the questions go on and on. You should hire an attorney so you're not bullied around because all the things that were mentioned should be paid for.! There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney. With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body; and of course how high is the at fault person's policy. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases and wouldn't mind speaking to you

2. James Michael Bergener

Pro

5

Answered . That sounds very traumatic, and I'm sorry to hear that you were hurt. The first thing you should do is speak with a personal injury attorney like myself to gather the necessary information and discuss your options. Consultations and evaluations are free of charge. Based on the facts you've given, I would say that you would be entitled to significant compensation. If the neighbor has homeowner's insurance, it's very likely that their plan will have coverage for this type of harm, and you can seek a settlement. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions, the sooner you act the better. Good luck.

3. David Vincent Hiden

Pro

5

Answered . You should hire an attorney immediately. As counsel have already stated, there is a lot of information needed to provide you with a better opinion. Don't say anything to anybody before you talk to an attorney. Our firm has handled hundreds of these types of cases - call me to discuss further for free if you like. Good luck. Dave Hiden 619.296.5884.

4. Joshua Thomas Edlow

4

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about this injury. There are a couple of questions that will need to be answered by your attorney first and foremost. 1) Is your neighbor (who owned the Pitbull) a homeowner or a renter? This will be essential to establishing who is liable for your injuries. 2) Has this dog exhibited violent behavior before? While the answer to this question is not determinative as to whether you have a claim, it is certainly important to the case. As stated above, there are many questions that need to be answered and a good attorney should be able to ask the appropriate questions to properly evaluate your claim.

You should seek the necessary medical treatment and also contact an attorney in the area. I know here in Sacramento, there are quite a few attorneys who handle dog bite cases (including myself).

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with these unfortunate circumstances and encourage you to find an attorney as soon as you are medically able.

Pro

2

Answered . More information is needed to evaluate. Contact one of the above lawyers to investigate.

6. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Answered . This is a duplicate post. I responded to the earlier one.