I got attacked by my neighbors pit bulls on my own property what do i do

Stockton, CA |

I was bit multiple times on the arm on both ankles and on my middle finger my wife try to get them off me and was bit on her hand i was also bit on my feet and my toes

1. You need a lawyer asap. Get medical treatment for your injuries and call animal control. I can help if you are interested.

Robert 408-293-4000

2. There are a lot of questions that remain unanswered: 1. did you provoke the dog, 2. did you go into someone else's property 3. were there witnesses and the questions go on and on. You should hire an attorney so you're not bullied around because all the things that were mentioned should be paid for.! There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney. With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body; and of course how high is the at fault person's policy. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases and wouldn't mind speaking to you

Direct Line to Attorney: 877-427-2752 or Email: Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com; Website: www.KingofPi.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

3. I am very sorry to hear about this injury. There are a couple of questions that will need to be answered by your attorney first and foremost. 1) Is your neighbor (who owned the Pitbull) a homeowner or a renter? This will be essential to establishing who is liable for your injuries. 2) Has this dog exhibited violent behavior before? While the answer to this question is not determinative as to whether you have a claim, it is certainly important to the case. As stated above, there are many questions that need to be answered and a good attorney should be able to ask the appropriate questions to properly evaluate your claim.

You should seek the necessary medical treatment and also contact an attorney in the area. I know here in Sacramento, there are quite a few attorneys who handle dog bite cases (including myself).

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with these unfortunate circumstances and encourage you to find an attorney as soon as you are medically able.

4. Get medical attention, call animal control, consult attorney.

5. More information is needed to evaluate. Contact one of the lawyers above to investigate.

6. Pooches in California do not get one free bite and their owners are strictly liable for their bites. Thus, man's best friend can get man in trouble should said BFF bite someone. Thus, should someone be bit by another's dog, the most important legal issue will be the amount of physical harm caused... thus, someone who is bit by another's dog should consult with a personal injury lawyer to investigate how one can get fully compensated for one's injuries.

Fortunately, most of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency no matter where the case is in California, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

7. You need to contact a personal injury lawyer immediately. Assuming your neighbor carried a homeowners policy or renters insurance you should be able to make claims under those policies.

8. I hope that you exterminated them if not by your own hands through Animal Control. Next, you seek prosecution of the dog owner(s) and handler(s). Next, you pursue (if necessary litigate) damages claims against the dog handler(s), dog owner(s), any employer of the foregoing, and any landlord and property manger of the foregoing. It's controversial but many persons, including judges, believe that pit bulls should be criminalized. Good luck.

Animal law topics