I got arrested for PI which was a probation violation for poss of paraphanalia. Should I call my PO and tell him?

Asked over 3 years ago - Mesquite, TX

I have to mail in my fine this week and check the box stating that I was arrested. My next appt with my PO is a couple of weeks away. Should I call him now to tell him about the arrest or wait till my appt since he will have gotten the violation notice by then? What is likely to happen to me now?

1. Andrea W. Kelly

Answered . If you have notified your PO by mail, no further action is required except to report as required. Be advised that you may be placed under arrest and you may have to make bond again and appear in court for a future probation violation hearing. At that time, it would be in your best interest to have an experienced criminal attorney to represent you and hopefully help you to avoid jail time.

2. Andrea W. Kelly