Skip to main content

I got arrested , than case dismissed , because I wasn't the owner of the beer license, no charge or conviction Been placed

New Port Richey, FL |
Filed under: Professional ethics

I applied to law school and for get to disclose it ? What should I do

Attorney Answers 5


It depends what the law school was asking. If the school asked about any convictions then obviously the answer was no. If the question was whether you were arrested then the answer was yes and you need to disclose it. Law schools may or may not ask. However, when you apply to the Florida Bar they will certainly inquire whether you have had any arrests.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

Mark as helpful

11 lawyers agree


I agree with Mr. Trabin. It depends on what the law school application asked. On employment, school, and professional licensing applications, it always depends on the question asked.

If you have been granted admission to the school, and your answer was erroneous, you should correct it. It may not make any difference, but an erroneous answer could reflect on your character and fitness for admission to the bar even if a truthful answer would not have caused a problem.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin

--- Facebook Page

--- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police

--- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)


Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Mark as helpful

10 lawyers agree


If the question asked for any arrests, then you should send an addendum clarifiying your previous answer.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

1 comment

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Evan Mitchell Kleiman


I agree 100 percent with Atty Goodman, This is exactly the right course to follow


I believe this is the third time you have posted this same question. The answer is simple: call the Florida Bar and they will tell you exactly how to be in compliance.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues and I would also want to add that at this point in time YOU SHOULD NOT petition the court to seal/expunge your record. The reason for this is because when you apply for admission to the Florida Bar they will make you un-seal it and this is a hastle. Since the arrest was not serious and it was dismissed you should not make it serious by not telling the absolute 100 percent truth about it.

An attorney/client relationship is NOT established simply by virtue of The Law Offices of Evan M. Kleiman, P.A. answering any questions herein. Such a relationship will only be established by a formal agreement between the parties.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

4 lawyers agree

Professional ethics topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics