I got arrested , than case dismissed , because I wasn't the owner of the beer license, no charge or conviction Been placed

Asked about 2 years ago - New Port Richey, FL

I applied to law school and for get to disclose it ? What should I do

1. 11

Answered . It depends what the law school was asking. If the school asked about any convictions then obviously the answer was no. If the question was whether you were arrested then the answer was yes and you need to disclose it. Law schools may or may not ask. However, when you apply to the Florida Bar they will certainly inquire whether you have had any arrests.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  2. 10

Answered . I agree with Mr. Trabin. It depends on what the law school application asked. On employment, school, and professional licensing applications, it always depends on the question asked.

If you have been granted admission to the school, and your answer was erroneous, you should correct it. It may not make any difference, but an erroneous answer could reflect on your character and fitness for admission to the bar even if a truthful answer would not have caused a problem.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com

--- Facebook Page
    http://www.facebook.com/CriminalDefenseMadTown

--- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police
    http://addbalance.com/police.htm

--- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)
    http://addbalance.com/miranda_rights.htm

DISCLAIMER:

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

3. 6

Answered . I believe this is the third time you have posted this same question. The answer is simple: call the Florida Bar and they will tell you exactly how to be in compliance.

4. 7

Answered . If the question asked for any arrests, then you should send an addendum clarifiying your previous answer.

5. 4

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues and I would also want to add that at this point in time YOU SHOULD NOT petition the court to seal/expunge your record. The reason for this is because when you apply for admission to the Florida Bar they will make you un-seal it and this is a hastle. Since the arrest was not serious and it was dismissed you should not make it serious by not telling the absolute 100 percent truth about it.