Skip to main content

I got approval on two I-130's for both of my parents. Now NVC asks to submit AOS.

Southfield, MI |
Filed under: Immigration

NVC is requesting I send AOS for parents. I want to make sure I complete the correct forms. Should I submit I-864 or I-864EZ? Should I file one for each parent? Should I include them in the sponsor's household size together or only one per application. Please help.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Telling you what forms to complete or how to complete them is legal advice that should only be provided by an attorney with whom you have an attorney-client relationship. Advice given without a full understanding of the facts can have adverse consequences for you and your family.

    The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.

  2. As my colleague pointed out, it is dangerous for both us, and you, to tell you how to fill in a form on an Internet blog.

    You should consult with an attorney, many of us use Skype for this.

    I'm fairly certain that he/she will tell you to use the 'normal' I-864 forms for each of them.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. Option 1: read and follow the form instructions.
    Option 2: retain an experienced immigration attorney to handle the matter.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics