I got an underage drinking ticket. Will this affect me getting my license?

Crystal Lake, IL |

I am fifteen years old and I live in Illinois

It may affect your driver's license. You should speak with an attorney.
    Did you take a breathalyzer?
    Did they find and open alcohol on or about your person?
    Why were you approached?
    More info is needed. Talk to a lawyer.

2. Yes, this could affect your getting a license as a minor. Have your parents hire an atorney for you and see if the charge can be reduced.

3. yes. You should obtain the services a lawyer familiar with the GDL law. I assume you studied that in driver's ed. I gave a presentation about it to my son's class and they seemed familiar with it.

4. I agree with all of the other attorneys. You may wish to read this PDF which I report on my website www.ZippToCourt.com which explains the Illinois Graduated License Program. http://zipptocourt.com/uploads/IllinoisGraduatedParent-TeenDrivingGuide.pdf

Good luck

This answer is marginal legal advice and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Every client and case is unique. The best advice is to always consult with an attorney. Free legal resources at www.ZippToCourt.com