I got an RFE from one of my DACA applications. Do I have to prove that I was in the US exactly on June 15, 2007?

Asked about 1 year ago - Joliet, IL

I got an RFE saying that I did not submit any evidence indicating that I resided in the United States since June 15, 2007.. I have enough proof for the whole year but my question to you guys is, do I have to prove I was in the country exactly on June 15, 2007?

I have dated bank transactions indicating I was in my city before and after June 15 but the statements don't show any activity exactly on June 15. I only had transactions on June 11 and June 21 and they both show I was in the US. Would that be enough? I'm from Chicago & I was visiting LA around June 15, the only thing I have is one of the flight tag prints they put on your bags and it shows my name and the date of June 17 a flight from LA to Chicago. Also, would it affect me in any bad way if I show I was leaving from LA to Chicago?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . No. The RFE asks you to submit evidence that you were present
    SINCE that date.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . "One of my DACA applications"???????

Are you an attorney? If so, please contact your local AILA chapter members. If not in AILA, please join immediately.

To continue, Mr. Behar is correct, you need to read and analyze the RFE more closely.

If you aren't an attorney, now is the time to meet with an EXPERIENCED Immigration Attorney that is a member of AILA. You can find us here: www.ailalawyer.com

3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

2

Answered . Our concern is that you will be providing legal advice and instruction even though you are not an immigration attorney. You indicate that you got an RFE "from one of my DACA Applications." The way that the question is written creates concern. Perhaps, it is a typographic error.

You can only file one DACA application for yourself. If you are not registered as a VOLAG, then you need to consider this option as soon as possible. You must have an attorney supervising your work as a registered VOLAG. The local immigration court in Chicago is cracking down on this issue with a new registration system. Otherwise, you can put applicants in jeopardy and accidentally cause their deportation, even though you mean well. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . If you practice law without a law license I assure you, it is not a matter of IF, it is a matter of WHEN you will be charged either civilly or and criminally.

5. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . Yes you must prove that fact. Being physically present on June 15, 2012 is a requirement for USCIS to issue the benefit. Whether or not you have submitted sufficient proof is a question of fact that you and your lawyer should discuss.