I got an automated call from, saying i was a pursuant in a civil case, which a restraining order may be involved, scam?

North Hollywood, CA |

I have no idea what this is , but got an automated call from NC , saying for me to contact a lawyer with this skid # , in which I must appear . Is this possible someone got my number as part of a scam ?

1. This definitely sounds fishy. Did they say where the restraining order case was? If so , you might want to call the clerk to check up on it.

Service by robocall is no good. You must receive a form from the court saying that you are being sued.

2. Very suspicious. You could call the lawyer to inquire but I would nt give them any information about you. I agree that you would have to be personally served with a subpoena to be involved as a witness in an action.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

3. If it was an automated call, it is almost certainly a Scam. Any reputable Attorney/Company would send you a letter if you were involved in litigation. If the cannot spend 50 cents for postage, it is not important.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.