I got an automated call from, saying i was a pursuant in a civil case, which a restraining order may be involved, scam?

Asked about 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

I have no idea what this is , but got an automated call from NC , saying for me to contact a lawyer with this skid # , in which I must appear . Is this possible someone got my number as part of a scam ?

1. James Carl Eschen III

3

Answered . This definitely sounds fishy. Did they say where the restraining order case was? If so , you might want to call the clerk to check up on it.

Service by robocall is no good. You must receive a form from the court saying that you are being sued.

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

1

Answered . Very suspicious. You could call the lawyer to inquire but I would nt give them any information about you. I agree that you would have to be personally served with a subpoena to be involved as a witness in an action.

3. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

1

Answered . If it was an automated call, it is almost certainly a Scam. Any reputable Attorney/Company would send you a letter if you were involved in litigation. If the cannot spend 50 cents for postage, it is not important.