I got a under age when I was 20 and was 3 times the legal limit now that I am 21 I just got a DUI and was over 3 times the limit

Asked over 1 year ago - Johnstown, PA

What should I do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christopher M. Patterson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Speak immediately to an experienced attorney who handles DUI cases in Blair County. If you received a minor drinking citation when you were 20 and received a DUI complaint at 21 you are a first offender for DUI sentencing purposes. The minor drinking does not count as a prior DUI. You may qualify for the ARD program in Blair County, if that is where you were charged. An attorney can tell you what the DUI ARD program requirements are and whether you may qualify. There is one other big concern-from the facts you've given it sounds like you may have a drinking problem that needs to be addressed. Good luck.

  2. Bennett James Wills


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should contact a local criminal defense attorney who focuses on DWI/DUI. A second DUI within a year is a serious charge. Your case will also depend on certain facts of the traffic stop, are you already on probation of some type? And several other issues. Hire local counsel asap so they can get ready for your first court appearances.

    This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and... more
  3. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Patterson's response. Secure an experienced criminal defense attorney and address your alcohol issues. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,938 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,938 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering