I got a tv from rent a center 6 years ago and just got arrested 6 years later

Asked 12 months ago - Austin, TX

Ok I rented a tv 6 years ago from rent a center I had to move back to my home town so my grandmother got rid of everything in my place she told me that rac came and picked up the tv. Now it's 6 years later and I come back to Texas and I get arrested on a 6 year old warrant for theft of service. Can they do this my gram said they piced the tv up I don't have it I have no criminal back ground can this be dismissed? And off my record?

1. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

3

Answered . You should get a lawyer and fight the case before you should worry about getting if off your record.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . Sounds from your comments to another answer that you already have a lawyer assisting you.

In the great majority of cases, the lawyer handling the defense in a criminal case is in the best position to advise the defendant on how to proceed.

You might want to discuss with your lawyer whether your "right to a speedy trial" was violated by the delay in arresting you. Other issues might also be involved. But, really, you need to speak with your criminal defense lawyer about this.

3. Diana Elizabeth Buss

Pro

1

Answered . Contact a local attorney. If this is your first offense, you may be able to get it dismissed.