I got a ticket Sunday going 98 in a 70 on 264 in NC.

Asked about 1 year ago - Greenville, NC

I got a ticket Sunday going 98 in a 70 on 264 in NC. I only had my license for about 4-5 months I'm 22 now. I would like to now can I get the speed reduced any? In my case am I allowed to do traffic school and or community service at all for this not to affect my insurance? If so am i allowed to do those things before I speak before a judge?

1. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . You are going to need a defense attorney to represent you. 28 mph over the limit is no simple matter as you have left the realm of minor traffic infractions. Pursuant to Sec. 20-141(j)(1) you are charged with a Class 2 misdemeanor. Depending on your criminal record, a Class 2 misdemeanor can mean anything from community service to six months in jail. Further, under this charge you are not eligible for a Prayer for Judgment Continued. You likely will need to attend traffic school or perform community service or both. In any event, I strongly encourage you to hire a good criminal defense attorney to assist you. Good luck to you.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

1

Answered . That's VERY fast, you should avail yourself of counsel before going to court, this is probably serious with such a new driver as yourself.

3. Mark J. Issa

2

1

Answered . I often recommend community service and risk reduction/driver's education courses for my younger clients charged with speeding violations such as this one. Consult local counsel who is aware of the local court procedures and suggest your ability to do any of the things mentioned. Best of luck to you!