I got a ticket in New york city for Unlicensed operator.

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

I hold valid Indian license and new york state leaner permit. The incident happened on 6/16. The officer told me that he had not given any points. The summons says I have to appear in court to plead guilty and mail the form to not plead guilty. I had thought I could drive with this combination. I even took couple of my friends to driving test and I presented my 2 licenses when they asked for it and they were ok with that. So I do not understand what has gone wrong. So I would like to know what should I do? Because I stay in upper state and court is in new york city.

1. Richard C. Southard

Pro

4

Answered . If you cannot appear you will need an attorney to appear on your behalf.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

3

Answered . You should not plead guilty while you have the permit. The combo is not sufficient to allow you to drive. It is a no point ticket but it would look bad when you apply for an actual license.
    Good Luck!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

3

Answered . We handle cases in NY City. Everything goes to trial in NYC, and if you have a learner's permit most moving violations cause a suspension under the vehicle and traffic law. You need to find an attorney like our office that handles NYC traffic ticket trials ASAP - we will go to court for you and utilize e-mail to communicate so you never have to come to our office or court. Please be advised that my response is not a solicitation, as there are many law firms that practice NYC traffic ticket defense so you can call anyone you'd like.

Michael J. Palumbo
    1-877-99-NO-TIX (1-877-996-6849)
    http://www.AttackThatTicket.com