I got a ticket in Fairfax, VA but Ive recently moved to Florida. What do i need to do?

Asked over 4 years ago - Washington, DC

was doing 90 in a 55 on the highway.

1. Mitchell Mead Wells

1

Best Answer

Answered . I have to disagree with Alan. Reckless Driving speeding is taken extremely seriously in Virginia and is considered a misdemeanor with the maximum jail sentence being 12 months in jail. Recommend you contact a Fairfax, VA attorney to assist you with your case.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Since you have no defense, realize that you were going 35 mph over the limit, consider paying the fine so this does not escalate into something that both your former state and new state will know about.

Contact the clerk, arrange to make the payment before the hearing with the judge, and keep copies of all your paperwork to insure that should some clerk error be made you can show the people in Florida you paid the VA matter in full.