legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

I got a ticket for speeding no seat belt and no drivers license i am currently on probation .will i get violation of probation

i was driving my girlfriends car and my girlfriends car got impounded as well and she is a licensed driver

Rialto, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Thousand Oaks, CA

Potentially yes. The no license is technically a misdemeanor . That could violate your probation . Get an attorney .

Alan Graham Keating

Alan Graham Keating

Criminal Defense Attorney - Seal Beach, CA

It is quite possible that you will be violated as well as picking up a new case for driving without a license. The next issue is why didn't you have a license in the first place - is it related to the reason you are on probation? You may have some serious problems ahead of you. I recommend that you consult an attorney in your area - you can go over the facts in detail and discuss your options. Good luck to you.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute legal advice. I have answered a... more
James Brian Campbell

James Brian Campbell

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Barstow, CA

Depending on the Court in which the cases are pending, there may or may not be a violation of probation. Many courts do not become aware of violations occurring in other locations and some don't become aware of violations in their own jurisdiction. You should consult with an attorney and see what can be done. Results vary considerably from court to court on these type of cases. This office has extensive experience throughout Southern California and has an offices in Fontana, Barstow, and Needles. Consultation and case evaluation are without cost. Generally, I look up the cases up, disucss the history of the license, prior offenses and develop a strategy based upon the totality of the circumstances. The unlicensed driver charge can be charged either as a misdemeanor or an infraction. If it is reduced to an infraction, it generally cannot be used to violate your probation under the terms of "violate no law." If you can get a license, that is always helpfull, but it you are in the unfortunate position of being unable to get a license, there are still good opportunities for successful resolution with an attorney who isn't afraid to work.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.