I got a ticket for seatbelt violation. I asked for a trial. But now I just want to pay it. If I pay it now, what about the trial

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

got a seat belt violation ticket. I thought I fight it so I asked for a trial. Now i just want to pay it and get it over with. So if I go and pay for the ticket do I still have to show up for the trial?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No.....

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can pay it online at the DMV's web site

  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Default and lose and face sanctions.
    Confer with local counsel.
    Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

    The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20... more

Related Topics

Traffic tickets

A traffic ticket is issued for moving or non-moving vehicle violations. Potential consequences include fines, license penalties, traffic school, or jail.

Kenneth Albert Vercammen

Careless Driving

39:4-97. A person who drives a vehicle carelessly, or without due caution and circumspection, in a manner so as to endanger, or be likely to endanger, a person or property, shall be guilty... more

Traffic tickets and seat belt laws

Under the seat belt law, you can get a ticket for wearing your seat belt wrongly or not at all, or for having children improperly restrained in the car.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,444 answers this week

3,864 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,444 answers this week

3,864 attorneys answering