Skip to main content

I got a ticket for registration on my vehicle

Roseville, CA |
Filed under: Business

4/2010- I got a ticket for not having current registration on my vehicle. I spoke to the officer at the time and showed him my current registration (which was paid 6/2/09-5/31/10). The officer kept saying I had not paid for 2010 and that he could tow my vehicle. I went to DMV who said I should have never gotten a ticket but that they could not sign off on it. I went to a police officer in my home town 10 miles away, he signed it off and said I should have not have had a ticket either. I sent the ticket to the court which of course was not noted. It has now been sent to the DMV to block my registration unless I pay a $545 fine first. I took proof again to the police department who said only the Commissioner can sign if off and it is unlikely he will look at.
What do I do now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


When you mail something to the court, the clerk can only process it. If you contest the ticket you have to appear unless you do a trial by declaration. Apparently you didn't do that. The DMV cannot decide anything only the court can do it. You have to have the court modify the fine or else pay it.
This is also not a business question but a traffic one.

This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer