I got a ticket for not having a driving licesnce about 3 years ago would that affect me int the deferred action

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Traffic tickets

i had the choice of going to court or pay ticket so i paid it

1. If you paid it, then you pled guilty.

Driving w/o a license is serious in the federal sentencing scheme for enhancements and so its probably significant absent specific guidelines (which may be formulated later) indicating otherwise.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

2. Based on the guidelines that have been released thus far, it does not appear that you will be barred from deferred action because "driving without a license" is not on the list of "significant misdemeanors." To get more clarification, we will have to wait for the guidelines to be released on August 1, 2012. In the meantime, you should gather all paperwork regarding your incident from the courthouse, get an FBI report on yourself as well as a state rap sheet so you know what information the government has about you - then speak with a lawyer.

I would also recommend reading the attached brochure on bars to deferred action.

Please like my firm Facebook page to get periodical updates and breaking news on the deferred action process.

Best of luck,

Sanjay Paul, Esq.
    www.facebook.com/dreamlawllc
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

Traffic tickets topics