I got a ticket for not having a driving licesnce about 3 years ago would that affect me int the deferred action

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

i had the choice of going to court or pay ticket so i paid it

1. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

1

Answered . If you paid it, then you pled guilty.

Driving w/o a license is serious in the federal sentencing scheme for enhancements and so its probably significant absent specific guidelines (which may be formulated later) indicating otherwise.

2. Sanjay Augustine Paul

1

Answered . Based on the guidelines that have been released thus far, it does not appear that you will be barred from deferred action because "driving without a license" is not on the list of "significant misdemeanors." To get more clarification, we will have to wait for the guidelines to be released on August 1, 2012. In the meantime, you should gather all paperwork regarding your incident from the courthouse, get an FBI report on yourself as well as a state rap sheet so you know what information the government has about you - then speak with a lawyer.

I would also recommend reading the attached brochure on bars to deferred action.

Please like my firm Facebook page to get periodical updates and breaking news on the deferred action process.

Best of luck,

Sanjay Paul, Esq.
    www.facebook.com/dreamlawllc
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.