I got a ticket for Failure to Change Address today. Can i get my address changed on my license and get this dismissed?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Lake Worth, FL

I was wondering if i get my license changed with a updated address and take it to the clerks office will they drop the fine? Or do you have to pay the fine no matter what you do? The fine is 116.00 is a little much for not changing your address.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Craig A. Epifanio

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . If you update your license it is NOT a defense allowing you to dismiss the charge. That said, some judges might dismiss it. You should talk to an attorney and they can make the appropriate motion to dismiss. Although it may cost a little bit now, it will save you in the long run as far as insurance goes so it will be well worth it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,405 answers this week

2,903 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,405 answers this week

2,903 attorneys answering