I got a ticket for driving at 69 mph in a 55 mph zone in North Carolina. How many points will I get on my license.

Charlotte, NC |

I got a ticket for driving at 69 mph in a 55 mph zone in North Carolina. How many points will I get on my license. I am also fined $150. Please help. My court hearing is on 4th June

1. A speeding ticket is a moving violation and will show up on your driving record. If you want to prevent your insurance rates from going up, I suggest you hire an attorney in the area who specializes in defending traffic citations.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in your state in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.