I got a ticket for crossing the double yellow line to get into the car pool lane. can it be dismissed?

Asked almost 4 years ago - San Diego, CA

The ticket code #21655.8A for crossing over a double yellow line to get into the carpool lane. I have never had a speeding ticket or an accident since i got my license 30 years ago. i was sent a notice to pay a fee of $476 if I don’t want to go to court. If i choose to go to traffic school i have to pay the court $528 plus the cost of the driving school. Can I get this ticket dismissed?
Thank you.
Tamara

1. Joseph Torri

Answered . Any ticket can be dismissed, but the question is how is it going to get dismissed? If you crossed the double yellow line to get into the carpool lane, the cop's case will be strong. That is a simple ticket to prove. However, what were the surrounding circumstances around the area when you received the citation? Was there an emergency that required you to go into the carpool lane? Going to traffic school will get the point off your record if you're convicted or plead guilty. You should talk to a lawyer about representing you. It will cost you money with whatever decision you make unless you represent yourself and actually win the case. When you ask can I get this ticket dismissed, do you have ideas how?

www.JoeTorriLaw.com

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . No attorney can guarantee that a ticket can be dismissed. In your case the evidence presented by the officer and yourself will be the determining factor. I am not certain what evidence you have for crossing the double lines to get into the car pool lane. It is quite possible if you fight the ticket that the officer might not show at trial and your ticket would be dismissed. If you hire a traffic ticket attorney a plea to a non point charge might be negotiated. You are eligible for traffic school. The only way to get the ticket dismissed is to fight it.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . It is not reputable for anyone to guaranty an outcome. No one can predict such things.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose a Lawyer for you.”

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "What Do I Tell My Lawyer"?

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot find out any details. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless. Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter.