I got a ticket for a expired registration while parked, but everything is valid and up to date in my car. What do I do??

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I got a ticket for a invalid registration sticker/expired registration while my car was parked. It is a 3 month old car and I had just forgotten to replace the temp sticker with the correct one (which was in the car as well). I tried to fight the ticket and sent in the copy of the valid registration and received a letter back stating that a photo was taken of the temp and the ticket was valid. I never said that the temp sticker wasnt there....I just had a valid one in the car as well. What can I do? Is it worth fighting a $65 ticket or just pay it and be done?

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Question is whether it is worth your time to fight it. Depends what your time is worth to you. If you want to fight it, then follow the instructions that you received with the letter. Good luck.

2. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

2

Answered . I think you should just pay it.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . It sounds like you lost the trial by mail so the question is whether it is worth your time to appeal. I think you have to pay the ticket in order to appeal but I don't think it is hard to appeal. Follow the instructions you received in the letter.

4. Zev Goldstein

Pro

1

Answered . It will not affect your record.

5. John J. Carney

Pro

Answered . Just pay the ticket and be more responsible about your car in the future.