I got a third DUI in utah last week and have hired a very good attorney but am waiting for the initial appearance and to start.

Roy, UT |

Start the process. I was .1 at the scene. I know my attorney will gather all the info and fight it to his best. He is getting the video and reviewing everything and has requested Drivers License hearing but the waiting and unknowing is driving me and my girlfriend crazy, no knowing what I may be able to get it reduced to (Felony vs Misdimeanor) and how much jail, if any I may have to do or get out of doing. I live alone and have custody of my grandson and am going to school full time and working full time and was divorced a few months back.
Can anyone give me any idea what I can plea this down to and what is the best possible outcome. Im aware I will have an interlock device and probation and counceling but is it possible to keep my license to take care of my grandson/work What jail?

The best possible outcome is dismissal. If you are convicted of a felony DUI, you are looking at a 0-5 year sentence, with a minimum of 62 1/2 days of incarceration. The possible outcomes and reductions are endless to answer at this time. It is common to reduce these charges to a Class A Misdemeanor. It is possible to reduce them farther. Depending on where your are charged, DUI Court is a possibility. Your drivers license consequences depends on a lot, but suspension is likely if the officer appears at the drivers license hearing to testify. Utah has no work/child care permits.

It was 4 days from being 10 years of my first DUI too. That really sucks.

I have Kelly Cardon representing me. I hope it works out well for me.

The cop was a highway patrol on graveyards from SLC. So hopefully he don't show up at the drivers license hearing.

I was arrested on 25th st in Ogden.

These are questions you should ask of your lawyer. That is why you hired the lawyer. That is the person with the best understanding of your case. Without the facts of the case we can only guess at realistic outcomes. You should NOT post those facts here, in an open forum. Write to your lawyer and explain your concerns.

Wayne R. Foote, Esq.
Board Certified OUI Defense Law Specialist
by the National College for DUI Defense, Inc.
Law Offices of Wayne R. Foote, PA
344 Mt. Hope Ave
Bangor, ME 04401
(207) 990-5855
(207) 990-5858 (fax)
www.lawyersmaine.com
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." M. L. King, Jr.

DISCLAIMER- THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. CONSULT QUALIFIED LEGAL COUNSEL IN YOUR CITY OR STATE FOR IMMEDIATE LEGAL ADVICE.