Skip to main content

I got a supervised visitation for my kids in Virgina but the agency is not responding and they dont have slots till 2014.

West Chester, PA |

I got a supervised visitation for my kids in Virgina and I am trying to contact the agency for almost a month now for my visitation with kids but firstly it was difficult to get a hold of them and then when I got a chance to speak with someone they said I have to wait until 2014 Jan or Feb.It is already 3 months that my kids are away from me and I live in some other state.I have a lawyer in Virginia who I hired for supervised visitation and he has also not returned my calls.In such a situation can this supervised visitation be challenged and I also tried another agency and they have a slot for the visitation but how do I go about this change in the agency which is in the protective order and supervised visitation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You posted this same question a few days ago and I didn't fully understand the facts. Since you're trying again, I'll try to respond. First, did you actually pay the attorney in VA any money? Do you have a written agreement for your representation with him? If the answer to either of these is no or you're not sure, that may be why he's not getting back to you. If your response is an emphatic yes, then send him a letter by certified mail, asking to set up a telephone conference before Thanksgiving, unless you can go to VA for an appointment. On the rest of your question, I can't tell whose custody the children are in but I will say that I doubt your inability to communicate with the agency or to obtain an earlier visit is going to help you much in challenging the supervision of visitation. However, not knowing why your visitation is being supervised, it;s really impossible to give you a reliable answer. So, figure out if the VA lawyer is actually your lawyer and if so, do as I suggest. If not, retain another VA lawyer and this time make sure the required amount of money exchanges hands and that you have a written contract (retainer agreement) with the attorney outlining what the attorney has committed to working with you on.

Be sure to click Best Answer if you found this helpful. Disclaimer: Please note that this response does not in any way an attorney-client relationship between Kathryn L. Hilbush and the recipient. My responses are general in nature. They do not constitute legal advice. You are advised to consult an attorney regarding this and any other legal matters.


If the lawyer you hired is not returning your calls you need to fire that lawyer and hire a new one. There a great lawyers right here on You are so right that you should not have to wait three monts while everyone drags their feet.m your children need to see you now.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.


I agree that you need responsive counsel. Contact your lawyer and make it clear that if you do not receive a response, you will retain new counsel.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer