I got a summons and I contacted the firm suing me and paid the debt in full. Am I going to have a judgement on my credit report

North Augusta, SC |

I got a summons and I contacted the firm suing me and paid the debt in full. Am I going to have a judgement on my credit report or criminal record????

1. No. You shouldn't, since the debt has been settled. I suggest making sure that the creditor has withdrawn the complaint. You can check with the creditor on that, and you can also check the file at the clerk of court's office to see if the complaint has been withdrawn. Since this is an action on a debt, it doesn't involve a crime or your criminal record.

2. This is not a criminal matter.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.