I got a speeding ticket and I want to know how to handle the ticket in court to try and get it reduced or dropped.

Asked over 1 year ago - Franklin, NC

I was going 77 in a 55 on my way to work. The cop was very rude and has filed a false accident report (illegally) against my parents, has harassed me in a road block (made me pull over for no reason and yelled at me), and once gave me a warning ticket for going 5 miles under the speed limit when I was getting ready to do a U-turn at an intersection. I want to pay as little money as possible. I'm 19 and this is my first ticket.

1. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

10

Best Answer

Answered . 22 over is not so simple. You are unlikely to just walk into court and achieve a desirable outcome. You may need to attend traffic school to get where you want to be on that charge. Hire yourself a good traffic lawyer. You can spend the money now and handle the matter properly or you can pay higher insurance premiums for the next three years. Good luck to you.

2. James Donald Garrett

5

3

Answered . If you are convicted of this charge, the NC DMV will suspend your license for 60 days. You need to consult with a local attorney to help you. Most of them offer free consultations.

3. Michael R Crosner

6

Answered . Consult a local NC Traffic Ticket attorney - usually inexpensive & well worth the price (Increased insurance rates etc etc).

4. Seth Russell Okin

3

Answered . 77 in a 55 in a significant increase over the posted speed limit. Regardless of the history you may have with this officer, you need an experienced attorney to represent you in this matter. Paying "as little as possible" should include the future savings having an attorney will bring by working to reduce any points/fines should you be found guilty, probation before judgement, etc...and keeping those insurance premiums down. Contact a local attorney as soon as possible.