I got a parking ticket for 11 feet from firehydrant. when i parked the car , fire hydrant was leaking heavily as usual in

Roslyn Heights, NY |

new york city's upper manhattan . i was way clear from fire hydrant, and there was no marking that gives general idea that keep away atleast this much distance, like a yellow or colored making . ,when i parked, the car i simply replaced previous car which was there for several hours. how good defense i could present to dismiss or reduce the fety $ 115.00 fine

1. The NYC traffic rules state that all vehicles parked within NYC must be at least fifteen (15) feet from a fire hydrant.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

2. If you were within 15 you are guilty. It doesn't matter if it was leaking.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Guilty as charged if you were only 11 feet. Ever see how big a fire truck is?

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.