I got a parking ticket for 11 feet from firehydrant. when i parked the car , fire hydrant was leaking heavily as usual in

Asked over 1 year ago - Roslyn Heights, NY

new york city's upper manhattan . i was way clear from fire hydrant, and there was no marking that gives general idea that keep away atleast this much distance, like a yellow or colored making . ,when i parked, the car i simply replaced previous car which was there for several hours. how good defense i could present to dismiss or reduce the fety $ 115.00 fine

1. 3

Answered . If you were within 15 you are guilty. It doesn't matter if it was leaking.

2. 4

Answered . The NYC traffic rules state that all vehicles parked within NYC must be at least fifteen (15) feet from a fire hydrant.

3. 2

Answered . Guilty as charged if you were only 11 feet. Ever see how big a fire truck is?