I got a non moving traffic citation for disorderly conduct for my vehicle is this a serious points resulting fine?

Halifax, PA |

we were at a local car meet and we were cruising into town and my car went into second gear and the tires sqeeked the officer pulled me over and was very forceful in getting my social number my son which is 9 months old his information and my fiances. He said i would be issued a citation for disorderly conduct and says its a non traffic violation is this a points citation i have a new job and need a good driving record and i thought it was weird about him getting my sons info plus he did not give me his name nor a citation to sign.

1. A non-traffic violation usually does not result in any points. However, it could effect your criminal record, for it is what I believe to be a summary offense.

I would contact a criminal defense attorney immediately.

www.LEGALPHILLY.com

Michael Kotik, Esq.
    Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)
    1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    267-265-4553 (Direct 24/7 Line)
    mnk@legalphilly.com (Direct Email)

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from Legalphilly.com. The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | www.LegalPhilly.com | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

2. The circumstances you describe are quite unusual.

Generally, a Non-Traffic Disorderly Conduct Citation is issued at the time of the detention. There is nothing you described which would warrant a more serious criminal charge or a charge for misdemeanor D.C.

Moreover, there is no need for a police officer to obtain your social security number. To check for warrants, etc., the only thing that is necessary is a name and date of birth.

Although there will be no points, if you gave someone your social security number in addition to the information on your licenses, there may be more serious issues.

Was the officer in uniform? Was this a marked patrol car?

Consult with an attorney ASAP.

3. Disorderly conduct is a non-traffic summary offense which carries no points or driver license penalty. It should not affect your auto insurance, either. However, there will be a record of it on the PA UJS web portal which is accessible by anyone. When you get the citation I suggest you speak to an experienced attorney about this case.