I got a non moving traffic citation for disorderly conduct for my vehicle is this a serious points resulting fine?

Asked over 1 year ago - Halifax, PA

we were at a local car meet and we were cruising into town and my car went into second gear and the tires sqeeked the officer pulled me over and was very forceful in getting my social number my son which is 9 months old his information and my fiances. He said i would be issued a citation for disorderly conduct and says its a non traffic violation is this a points citation i have a new job and need a good driving record and i thought it was weird about him getting my sons info plus he did not give me his name nor a citation to sign.

1. Michael Kotik

Pro

2

Answered . A non-traffic violation usually does not result in any points. However, it could effect your criminal record, for it is what I believe to be a summary offense.

I would contact a criminal defense attorney immediately.

www.LEGALPHILLY.com

Michael Kotik, Esq.
    Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)
    1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    267-265-4553 (Direct 24/7 Line)
    mnk@legalphilly.com (Direct Email)

2. Forest Dean Morgan

1

Answered . The circumstances you describe are quite unusual.

Generally, a Non-Traffic Disorderly Conduct Citation is issued at the time of the detention. There is nothing you described which would warrant a more serious criminal charge or a charge for misdemeanor D.C.

Moreover, there is no need for a police officer to obtain your social security number. To check for warrants, etc., the only thing that is necessary is a name and date of birth.

Although there will be no points, if you gave someone your social security number in addition to the information on your licenses, there may be more serious issues.

Was the officer in uniform? Was this a marked patrol car?

Consult with an attorney ASAP.

3. Christopher M. Patterson

Answered . Disorderly conduct is a non-traffic summary offense which carries no points or driver license penalty. It should not affect your auto insurance, either. However, there will be a record of it on the PA UJS web portal which is accessible by anyone. When you get the citation I suggest you speak to an experienced attorney about this case.