I got a naturalization test and passed. on the paper it says USCIS will send you written decision about your application?

Berkeley, CA |

what does it meant? how long will it take for the decision? if decision is yes approved will they send the date for oath on it too? or i have to wait?
if it is no, what can i do?

Assuming you are approved they will send you a date for the oath ceremony. If it is denied you can appeal or refile but you should talk to an attorney if you receive anything other than an approval.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations.

If your application is approved, you will be scheduled for your Oath Ceremony. If it is denied, you have the right to appeal.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleague. In a few instances, the decision is not provided for a longer period of time based on the fact the biometrics report has not been completed or there is an issue that has resulted in the supervising USCIS agent to have to provide the final ok. if you do not get a reply from USCIS - ie a notice of oath ceremony, a request for further evidence or intent to deny within 30 to 45 days, you can make an INFOPASS appointment and speak to a USCIS officer about the status of your application. good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

First they will approve you then they will send s separate notice of when your oath ceremony.

Recommended articles about Immigration