Skip to main content

I got a misdameanor DUI in california went to court,jail got summary probation,never went to dui class nor paid fines though

Denver, CO |

decided to move left state i aint never had a dui nothing before do i have anything to worry about

Attorney Answers 3


You probably have an outstanding arrest warrant out of California and your driving privileges are likely suspended. If you are contacted by the police, you will likely be arrested.

These things never go away. You should contact a California lawyer to see about putting this behind you.

Best of luck to you.

John Buckley

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


You need to check with the Court in California to find out the status of the case. You may have a warrant out for your arrest. Your California driving privileges may be under restraint which could result in you being cited everywhere else for driving under restraint. Your ability to obtain driving privileges in any other state may be affected.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


You probably have a warrant out for your arrest out of the State of CA for not doing your DUI classes or paying your fines. I would start making payments on your fines and sending them into the courts and trying to do equivalent levels of classes here in CO as to what you were ordered to complete in CA.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics