I got a letter from Palmer, Reidler & associates threatening me to send them 340.00. My daughter is a minor, they got theistuff

Asked about 1 year ago - Hanford, CA

She did take something from Claire's, but the stuff was returned. She is a minor. Is something I should pay? Seems ridiculous.

1. Michael Douglas Shafer

1

Answered . Ignore it. Is a civil matter. Concentrate on daughter's criminal matter.

2. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

1

Answered . It's Palmer Reifler & Associates and they take advantage of laws that allow the entity that was the subject of the theft to make a demand. It is ridiculous, it is legal, but they won't sue. It may seem like extortion but its not since they have nothing but hot air to back up their empty threats. Good luck.

3. Michael Anthony Hernandez

Pro

1

Answered . I have had many clients simply ignore those letters, but you may want to consult with an attorney about your options and about potential consequences for your daughter. Hopefully nothing further comes of this situation.