I got a house but still rent another one. What to do?

Asked over 4 years ago - Pigeon Forge, TN

My lease expires in 10 minths:( But me and my husband just got a house. Can we break a lease withiout paying extra money to our landlord?i mean is there any law in sevier co what sais that i can break a lease any time if I got a house in sevier Co and still rent from other landlords?

1. Cameron Royal Kelly

Answered . No. Once a party enters into a contract (in this case a lease) they can not unilaterally break the contract because they change their mind. If the landlord breaks the lease, you may be able to get out or recover damages, but based on your description you would remain obligated under the lease.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Minnesota. Responses are based solely on Minnesota law unless stated otherwise.