I got a hit and haven't negotiated about how to pay for damage yet. But, the other person's license has been expired.

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

Hi, I got hit by a car from behind about 2 weeks ago(around 10th) and needed to get cost estimate to repair the car. (the other person does not want to use his insurance.) But, a thing is that I have not had time to go to body shop yet and have found that his driver license has been expired in 16th. Can I still charge for the cost?

1. Tatiana Kadetskaya

1

Answered . Yes. You should have an estimate as soon as possible and ask the other driver to pay your bill.

2. David J. McCormick

Answered . Just because the other driver’s license expired does not mean that they do not have insurance. Get 2 estimates and see if they will pay. If not, then turn over to your insurance for uninsured motorist’s coverage. They will pay for the repairs, minus your deductible, and then go after the other driver for repayment.