I got a fix it ticket for a missing registration sticker, but registration was current. Why do I have to pay?

Manteca, CA |

Sticker stolen. Last time had license plate stolen. Why pay again when registration is current?

1. Unfortunately, the officer cited you for the offense and now you have to be sure to handle it properly. If you disregard the ticket it will likely result in a civil assessment and increase in the fine amount by $300. If you had the valid registration, you can present that at court for a dismissal of the citation. Unfortunately, the court may charge a dismissal fee, something like $25 for processing it.

2. Report this to DMV and get a new registration and plate. They should provide you with proof for you to bring to court . You must deal with this ticket in court.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

3. Being able to present proof of your registration in court may be able to get the citation corrected, but you must appear in court to present this to the judge.