I got a fix it ticket for a missing registration sticker, but registration was current. Why do I have to pay?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manteca, CA

Sticker stolen. Last time had license plate stolen. Why pay again when registration is current?

1. William Mathew Concidine

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately, the officer cited you for the offense and now you have to be sure to handle it properly. If you disregard the ticket it will likely result in a civil assessment and increase in the fine amount by $300. If you had the valid registration, you can present that at court for a dismissal of the citation. Unfortunately, the court may charge a dismissal fee, something like $25 for processing it.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . Report this to DMV and get a new registration and plate. They should provide you with proof for you to bring to court . You must deal with this ticket in court.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  3. Marissa Luisa Vandersluys

Answered . Being able to present proof of your registration in court may be able to get the citation corrected, but you must appear in court to present this to the judge.