Skip to main content

I got a fix it ticket 13 years ago for a broken tail light. The car got repo-ed a few weeks after that.

Los Angeles, CA |

I went to the court and infomed them that the car was no longer in my possesion and paid the fee. (dont remember how much) 13 years later I was turned down for an apartment because of a bench warrent for failure to appear during a background check. I see the judge tomorrow. What do you think will happen? Once this is cleared up how long will it take to remove this from my record so that I can show the management company it is cleared and they can rent me the apartment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


make sure you get a certified copy of the docket for your records. You may wish to submit it to the credit bureaus along with a letter of explanation regardless of how quickly the court resolution is reflected.

Sorry you missed out on the apartment. Court records are so impersonal.


My colleague is correct . Bring whatever paperwork you have - ask for abstract to be issued . Explain problem. Hold and warrant will be lifted. Get minute order.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer