I got a felony class 3 for burglary ..also fist time felon .. the D.A told me that if i finish probation the felony off record

Asked over 1 year ago - Greeley, CO

i just turn 18 and still in school ...plus the things i stoled were returned it was during the day and nobody was home

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

5

Answered . Likewise, I am confused by the question. Are you asking if your deferred judgment and sentence, when over, can be either sealed or expunged? Are you asking if it will show up on your criminal history? We need more information to give you proper guidance. Thank you.

2. Kent Joseph Leier

4

Answered . I'm confused as to what exactly your question is. It sounds like the DA has offered you a deferred judgment and sentence. Are you wondering if you should accept the plea offer made by the DA? No one will be able to advise you whether or not you should accept any plea offer without thoroughly reviewing all of the evidence first. I can tell you that you are facing very serious charges that could affect you for the rest of your life. Do not accept any plea deal without speaking to an attorney in person first.

The Leier Law Office, LLC
    Kent J. Leier

3. Clifton L Black

1

Answered . The felony does not automatically fall off your record. IF you are able to seal your record it would still take a civil proceeding to do so. Also, the DA is not required to disclose all of the collateral consequences of a plea agreement, including if it can be sealed. Due to the seriousness of the offense, I think it would be a mistake to proceed without the advise of a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Attorney Chris Leori, who also provided a response is a fantastic attorney. You should consider contacting him and see if he is willing to take a case in Greeley.